October Revolution Minsk Machine Tool Plant (MZOR) is located on 16 Oktiabrskaya Street (before the revolution — Nizhne-Liakhovskaya). It was founded in 1907-1908 as Gigant Plant. It functioned on a kerosene engine; there were 12 workers on staff. It was a small wooden building, resembling a warehouse, with primitive equipment. In the workshop, which produced shovels, hoes, kerosene lamps and other household items in a primitive way, two divisions were organized — cast iron and metalworking.
"Gigant" was reconstructed and renamed as "Energia". The number of workers increased to 25. At that moment, parts of machines, fences, monuments and other products were cast there. Energia Iron Foundry belonged to the partnership of Sh.A. Poliak, L.I. Dorskiy and D.S. Semeniuk. In 1913, the plant burned down, and in 1914 it was back into production.
Minsk workers completed the restoration of the first in Belarus iron foundry and metalworking plant Energia. The machines for the plant were sent by Kolomensky Machine-Building Plant and Tula Iron Foundry. Already in 1922, the plant had more than 100 workers and began producing agricultural equipment. In 1921-1922, 1,332 plows, 161 chaff-cutters and 2,313 pieces of various castings were made there. During the reconstruction period, this plant was one of the largest enterprises of Soviet Belarus.
The plant produced the first metalworking machines in Belarus – 200 drilling machines and 15 lathes.
The plant began to produce complex equipment for starch factories previously imported from abroad.
Mass technical training of working men and engineering and technical workers was launched at the enterprises of the city, technical study clubs, schools and courses for factory trade apprenticeship, factory technical schools were created. Retraining courses for engineering and technical workers, advanced training courses for working men and 7 technical clubs were organized at the plant. This had effect. If in 1930, 322 work-improvement suggestions were made, then in 1931, 452 of them were received. The implementation of 283 suggestions into production yielded the plant savings of about 260 thousand rubles. Also, Energia Plant was renamed as K.E. Voroshilov Plant. The country’s first longitudinal planing machine of ST-1 model weighing 9 tons was created and put into production.
By decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR, the plant was transferred to the system of the People’s Commissariat of Machine Building of the USSR and became a specialized machine tool enterprise.
An underground group for the fight against Fascist invaders was actively operating at the plant.
The first post-war machines were developed and manufactured.
The Director of the plant was N.M. Yakimchik. By the end of the year, the first planing machine of type 7231A had been manufactured. It was the first post-war labor victory of Minsk machine tool builders.
The Director of the plant was A.E. Kaleshin. The plant was increasing its power. For the first time, such high-performance operations as whirling thread cutting, casting of large-sized parts in caissons with forced cooling, and fine-planning were applied. A design bureau was created at the plant, where new models of machines were developed.
The Director of the plant was G.N. Krasnitsky. From November 1961, K.E. Voroshilov Plant was renamed as October Revolution Plant. For development of unification of large-sized metal-cutting machines and mastering of new technology, the plant was awarded with the Order of the Red Banner of Labor. For achievements in the socialism building, the staff of the plant was awarded the Commemorative Banner of the Central Committee of the CPSU, the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR, the Council of Ministers of the USSR and the All-Union Central Council of Trade Unions.
October Revolution Plant was a participant of the Republican Exhibition of Achievements of Innovators and Inventors. As an exhibit, a drill-grinding machine was featured, which was awarded with a diploma of the first degree.
At the plant, without stopping production, the production of heavy, unique milling and boring machines with CNC and DRU was organized.
October Revolution Minsk Machine Tool Manufacturing Association was founded, which included the head plant and Shatskiy Mechanical Plant. In the field of balancing equipment, the employees of the association mastered the transition to new ranges of vertical and horizontal balancing machines. Special milling and boring centers of MC 613F2 model were manufactured, equipped with numerical control units and automatic toolchanger. These machines had no analogues either in the domestic or foreign machine tool industry.
The first automatic crankshaft-balancing machine in the USSR was manufactured and implemented.
Balancing machines for the defense industry were manufactured and implemented for the first time in the USSR. 6М610Ф1 machine was awarded with a Diploma and a Gold medal of the Leipzig Trade Fair.
A gang-tooled machining center with a CNC system, manufactured for the first time in the USSR, was put into operation. A heavy CNC milling and boring machine was manufactured for machining of parts weighing up to 50 tons (with a table width of 2500 mm).
Molodechno Machine Tool Plant became a part of the association. Industrial production of longitudinal milling and boring machines of the 2nd generation machining center type with a table width of 1000 mm, 1250 mm, 1600 mm was mastered.
The staff of the plant was awarded with a Certificate of Honor by the Central Committee of the CPSU, the Council of Ministers of the USSR, the Central Committee of the Komsomol and the Central Committee of the All-Union Leninist Young Communist League for achieving high production performance.
The first planing and milling machines with digital display were produced.
Together with the English firm Burler-Newell, a longitudinal machining center with a horizontal slider was created.
The first woodworking machines and nail machines were produced.
A range of machines with a fixed base (6, 8, 10 meters), a movable column with a tool change matrix and a CNC was created.
A new generation of below resonance balancing machines of ДН series was produced.
The production of below resonance balancing machines of ДМ series with microprocessor measuring systems was mastered.
Viktor Feiodorovich Butko was assigned as the Director of the plant. For the first time in the world, special milling machines for simultaneous machining of internal and external joints at the ends of pipes were manufactured.
A special multi-operation longitudinal milling and boring machine with a movable portal designed for machining of parts of railway switches manufactured for the first time in the CIS was put into operation.
The range of horizontal milling and boring machines of МСП6401 МФ4 type was mastered.
The production of driveshaft balancing tools with rotating frequency up to 5500 rpm was mastered.
MZOR OJSC was reorganized into an open joint stock company with 100% state ownership.
Belstankoinstument holding company was set up and the enterprise received a new name MZOR OJSC – Belstankoinstument holding managing company, registered by the Ministry of Economy of the Republic of Belarus in the State Register of Holding Companies on July 11, 2012 under No. 48. The holding company includes 16 enterprises of the Ministry of Industry of the Republic of Belarus – manufacturers of the machine tool industry with a total number of about 9,600 people.
The production of a special longitudinal milling and boring machine with CNC, МС640ГМФ4-16К model, was mastered, the feature of which is a longitudinally movable portal and a vertically movable cross piece.
The production of a special longitudinal drilling and milling machine with CNC and an automatic tool changer, МС21Г25МФ4 model, was mastered, which made it possible to expand the range of manufactured machines with a longitudinally movable portal with a wide range of coordinate movement lengths: portal – from 5,000 to 15,000 mm, headstock – from 1,500 to 4,500 mm, slider – from 800 to 1,500 mm.
MZOR OJSC mastered for the first time in the Republic of Belarus the production of special horizontal milling and boring machines with CNC with a movable column and automatic tool changer, МС200МФ4 model, this is a new type of horizontal boring machines with a movable column, which allows you to process large-sized parts with an accuracy corresponding to the 7th quality and hard-to-reach, internal surfaces.
The Council of Ministers made a decision to assume gratuitously republican ownership over shares of enterprises of Belstankoinstument holding company. The relevant decision was adopted by Resolution No. 527 dated July 1, 2016. The enterprise returned the name of MZOR OJSC. Leonid Vladimirovich Ivanko was appointed General Director of the plant.
A special process system, МСП6403МФ4-10Р2 model, was made for machining of large-sized products made of composite materials.
For the first time in the Republic of Belarus, a production prototype of a turning-and-boring machine with CNC and automatic toolchanger, МСТК16МФ4 model, was manufactured. Design documentation was developed.